I recall many of my childhood memories over the christmas season. The memories that stick out the most are the sweet tasty ones. I remember the smell coming form the oven baring mince pies, jam tarts and some other pie with a yellow filling. It wasn’t lemon meringue, and I thought to myself: it would be a good idea to make some treats with the kids so have that experience one day.
I wanted to find easy recipes that I use with my kids they’re 3, 4 and12. And so for the next few posts I hope to have some fun and tasty recipes for us to try. I’m looking out for christmas treats from around the world, I think it’s pretty cool to discover how other place celebrate christmas through their treats.
- Preheat the oven at 180º exactly fifteen mins before baking.
- Sift flour, corn flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour in batches.
- Also add the cardamom powder.
- Now knead into a smooth and soft dough.
- Wrap the dough with a cling film or butter paper.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 mins.
- Now make marble sized balls.
- Place them on a greased pan giving space between them to rise.
- Bake at 160 º C for 16-18 mins or until the cookies are baked or light brown from top.
- Gently remove and dust the icing sugar or powdered sugar on them while warm.
- Once at room temperature store them into an airtight container.
- Serve the snowball cookies warm or chilled with a hot cup of tea.